General rules for chatting in the IRC channels
One of our objectives for the KhaoticTech IRC channels and forums is to create a fun, lively, friendly, safe community for everyone to enjoy. To that end, we have unfortunately found it necessary to enforce the following rules:
- READ THE TOPIC
- No name calling
- No insulting remarks
- No denigration is permitted of other peoples
- Sexual Orientation
…or any other personal feature.
- Just to be clear, you may disagree with anything or anyone you like, but you may not insult anyone (this means nobody may insult you either).
- No harassment
- No threats
- No vulgarity
- No obscenity
- No graphic sexual or anatomical references
- No accusations
- No flaming
(By “flaming” we mean saying anything that is hurtful to another individual. This includes all the things listed above, and also includes the intention to discredit, harm, put down, ostracise, or stirring up others to do similar.)
- No bickering
(By “bickering” we mean that exchanges including, but not limited to “I am not, You are too”, or similar are strictly NOT permitted.)
- No flooding
(By “flooding” we mean posting many identical messages, posting meaningless messages, and posting in any way that results in an unreasonable amount of space being taken in the channel.)
Problems with other individuals
- If any individual has a problem with any other individual(s), they may contact any of the Channel Operators by private message only, so as not to involve the entire rest of the channel unnecessarily.
- Individuals who do NOT respect this rule will be subject to action taken against them.
- You may report any objectionable posts, and the Channel Operators will, at their sole discretion, take any appropriate action as expediently as possible.
- If there is a dispute between a channel user and any one or more of the Channel Operators, the decision of the Channel Operator will take precedence.
- Channel Operators may act at their sole discretion if they feel that the channel environment is being negatively affected by any user.
- We encourage individuals to share a limited amount of personal information, just enough to help us feel that you are a real person.
- We advise individuals not to share too much personal information, as this is the internet after all, and there are some dangerous people out there.
- Disrespect and intolerance towards other people is NOT acceptable, and will result in measures being taken against any offenders.
You have been warned.
- Currently, our policy towards individuals who break these rules is a “Two Strike” policy.
No warning is issued as you are supposed to be aware of these rules
The two strikes:
- First offence: Being kicked from the channel one or more times.
- Second offence: Either a temporary, or a permanent ban.